Weather and the climate - Bezpečnostně právní akademie Brno
Inovace a individualizace výuky
BEZPEČNOSTNĚ PRÁVNÍ AKADEMIE BRNO, s.r.o.,
Weather and the climate.
Third and the fourth year.
3. 4. 2013
Students will be able to use climate and weather vocabulary to talk about the
weather conditions of different seasons of the year.
The lesson sheets are a free support for teachers teaching specific topics in the
classroom. They are meant to assist the teacher with more exercises for students
in the classroom and as well as for homework.
Pokud není uveden zdroj, použitý materiál je z vlastních zdrojů autora
WEATHER AND THE CLIMATE
1. The weather is terribly hot this year. We're in the middle of a heat-
2. Let’s go to the park. It looks like the sky is
3. He is very unlucky. He has been
_________________ (shining/clearing) up.
_________________ (struck/beaten) by lightning twice in the
_________________ (drought/draft) is a long period without any rain.
5. Summers in states like Tennessee are very hot and very
6. Last night, my girlfriend and I had a frightful experience. We got caught up in the middle of a
thunderstorm. We got completely
7. The coastal areas of California have an
8. Please, could you check the weather
_________________ (ideally/ideal) climate.
_________________ (forecast/foreplay) for tomorrow? Is it
going to rain?
9. Was it cold in Canada? Yes, it was 20
_________________ (under/below) zero.
10. Do you know another word for "cloudy"? Yes I do. It is "_________________"
1. It's very cold. Tell me about it. It's
2. When I woke up it was cold in the morning, but it
_________________ (warmed/heated) up by
3. Many homes were
_________________ (destructed/destroyed) by the hurricane.
4. Small pellets of ice that fall from the sky during a storm are
5. Brethren! There is a thunderstorm outside. I strongly advise against going outside! You could
_________________ (struck/stroked) by lightning!
_________________ (thunder/lightning) was very loud.
7. It was so
_________________ (wind/windy) outside that my hat was blown off my head.
_________________ (gutsy/gusty) wind = A very strong wind
9. A snowstorm = A
10. If the weather is mild and pleasant, you can say it's
>>http://www.learnenglishfeelgood.com/vocabulary/esl-weather-vocabulary1.html<< 3. 5. 2013
>>http://www.learnenglishfeelgood.com/vocabulary/esl-weather-vocabulary2.html<< 3. 5. 2013