state visit of prince hans-adam ii to austria

Komentáře

Transkript

state visit of prince hans-adam ii to austria
Newsletter No. 2/2013
June 2013
Historický spolek Liechtenstein, o. s.
STATE VISIT OF PRINCE HANS-ADAM II TO AUSTRIA
Vienna 9. 4. 2013: His Serene Highness Hans-Adam II,
Sovereign Prince of Liechtenstein, and his wife, Princess
Marie arrived at Vienna’s Hofburg Palace on an official state
visit to the Republic of Austria. At 11am, they were
welcomed with military honours by Austrian Federal
President, Dr Heinz Fischer, at his residence.
After lunch, Liechtenstein’s Princely couple visited the
monastery in Klosterneuburg, where they viewed valuable
books and also visited the Schatzkammer (treasury). The
programme continued in the evening with a gala reception
in the Stadtpalais Liechtenstein, which was opened to the
public at the event.
The Austrian President stressed that Austrian-Liechtenstein
relations are excellent, which the Prince of Liechtenstein
confirmed. Price Hans-Adam II was reciprocating the state
visit of the Austrian President to Vaduz which took place in
2004.
The Sovereign Prince accompanied his wife, Her Serene
Highness Princess Marie, née Countess Kinsky (born 1940 in
Prague) and Liechtenstein’s ambassador in Austria, Her
Serene Highness Maria-Pia Kothbauer, Princess of
Liechtenstein. He was joined by his son, His Serene
Highness Crown Prince Alois and his wife, Princess Sophie.
Prince Hans-Adam II was received by Federal President of Austria, Heinz Fischer, as head of state with military honours in the
Vienna residence of the Austro-Hungarian Emperors, Hofburg Imperial Palace (Foto:Peter Lechner/HBF)
Liechtenstein Prince Hans-Adam II and Austrian president Dr. Heinz Fischer during meetings at Hofburg. H. S. H. Princess
Marie the second from the left, Mrs. Margit Fischer in left. (Foto:Peter Lechner/HBF)
Liechtenstein Prince Hans-Adam II and Austrian federal president Dr. Heinz Fischer visited Schatzkammer and newly
reconstructed Liechtenstein City Palais in Vienna (H. S. H. Prince hosted a state reception there at evening) (Foto:Peter
Lechner/HBF)
CITIZENS OF LIECHTENSTEIN ELECTED NEW PARLIAMANENT AND GOVERNMENT
Liechtenstein's new Cabinet of Ministers (from left): Minister Marlies Amann-Marxer (Infrastructure, Environment, Sport),
Deputy Prime Minister Thomas Zwiefelhofer (Home Affairs, Justice, Economic Affairs), Prime Minister Adrian Hasler, Minister
Aurelia Frick (Foreign Affairs, Education, Culture), and Minister Mauro Pedrazzini (Social Affairs).
On February 3rd, parliamentary elections were held in
Liechtenstein to elect members to the 25 seat parliament,
the Landtag. Elections in Liechtenstein are by proportional
representation. The Patriotic Union lost five seats in
parliament making the Progressive Citizens' Party the party
holding the majority of the seats with ten. In addition, the
center-left Free List party increased its seats in the Landtag
by two. It is particularly noteworthy that for the first time in
Liechtenstein’s history, there will be four parties
represented in parliament, as the newly formed group The
Independents garnered four seats from the election. Some
of the major issues during this particular election cycle
included taxes and the state budget.
Liechtenstein's new Cabinet of Ministers (from left):
Minister Marlies Amann-Marxer (Infrastructure,
Environment, Sport), Deputy Prime Minister Thomas
Zwiefelhofer (Home Affairs, Justice, Economic Affairs),
Prime Minister Adrian Hasler, Minister Aurelia Frick
(Foreign Affairs, Education, Culture), and Minister Mauro
Pedrazzini (Social Affairs).
On March 27th, the new government assumed office with
the Patriotic Union (VU) and the Progressive Citizens' party
(FBP) forming a ruling coalition. Adrian Hasler, national
police chief and member of the FBP was elected by the
members of Parliament to be Prime Minister with Thomas
Zwiefelhofer (VU) assuming the role of Deputy Prime
Minister. Joining them as part of the cabinet are Aurelia
Frick (Foreign Affairs, Education, Culture), Marlies AmannMarxer (Infrastructure, Environment, Sport) and Mauro
Pedrazzini (Social Affairs). With the exception of Aurelia
Frick, all the members of the executive will be serving for
the first time in their respective roles.
In his speech following the swearing-in by head of state
Hereditary Prince Alois of Liechtenstein, Prime Minister
Hasler said of his new cabinet, "I am convinced that we will
make a reliable partner domestically and abroad which is
the foundation for the successful development of our
country. All future challenges we can only solve together in
our national interest."
PRINCE HANS-ADAM II LAUNCHES THE ‘IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF THE LIECHTENSTEINS IN
SOUTH MORAVIA AND LOWER AUSTRIA’ EXHIBITION IN WILFERSDORF
Wilfersdorf 15. 3. 2013: His Serene Highness, Sovereign
Prince of Liechtenstein launched an exhibition on the
history of his family at the Liechtenstein Castle in
Wilfersdorf with the participation of a number of
distinguished guests from Austria and the Czech Republic
(e.g. Judr. Michal Hašek, Governor of the South Moravian
Region). The exhibition is open to the public from 1 April
until 1 November 2013 from Tuesday to Sunday and on
public holidays, always from 10am until 4pm. Wilfersdorf is
located 26 kilometres from Mikulov, so cycling enthusiasts
can make a visit, arriving at the castle by following the
marked Liechtenstein trails.
The exhibition is being run within the framework of the
European Territorial Co-operation Austria – Czech Republic
2007 – 2013 programme. It is co-financed by the European
Fund for Regional Development, the Department for
Culture of the Provincial Government of Lower Austria, the
town of Wilfersdorf and the Prince of Liechtenstein
Foundation. The South Moravia Tourist Authority in its role
as a managing partner provides a guarantee that the topic
of the Liechtensteins, which Wilfersdorf has successfully
dedicated itself to for over 30 years, will reach far beyond
the border of South Moravia, and make a contribution to
the further development and intensification of cross-border
cultural travel and tourism.
This fascinating exhibition was prepared by Hans Huysza,
also author of the Liechtenstein genealogy. Amongst the
exhibits on display, visitors are particularly impressed, e.g.
by the exact copy of the Princely crown (correctly known as
the ducal hat). The original was disassembled over time and
sold in the 19th century. The money thus acquired was
used by Prince Johann II the Good for the public benefit.
Copy of princely crown is displayed in Wilfersdorf castle (Foto: Schloss Wilfersdorf)
CZECH-LIECHTENSTEIN COMMISSION OF HISTORIANS PRESENTS RESULTS OF ITS
ACTIVITIES
Brno, 22. 3. 2013: On 22 March 2013, Masaryk University
in Brno hosted members of the Czech-Liechtenstein
Commission of Historians, who presented the results of
their work. The commission was founded on the basis of an
agreement between the governments of the Czech
Republic and the Principality of Liechtenstein in 2009. The
committee’s goal is to examine the shared history of the
Liechtensteins, Liechtenstein the country and Bohemia,
Moravia and Silesia, thus helping to achieve a better mutual
understanding of history, including disputed issues. The
Commission’s Chair is Prof. PhDr Tomáš Knoz, PhD, ViceDean for Faculty Development and Research at Masaryk
University’s Faculty of Arts. The Commission is to continue
its work at least until the end of this year.
DO YOU KNOW? PRINCIPALITY OF ‘LIECHTENSTAIN’ WAS IN MORAVSKÝ KRUMLOV
In June 1712, Prince Hans-Adam I of Liechtenstein acquired
the County of Vaduz on the upper Rhine, which
neighboured the Lordship of Schellenberg which he had
already previously purchased. Thus he laid the foundations
for the future Imperial Principality (see CLT 2/2012). Seven
years later, the territories were joined and Emperor Charles
VI elevated it to an independent Imperial Principality
named ‘Liechtenstein’. The Principality was founded as the
343rd Sovereign state of the Holy Roman Empire, and is the
only member to remain to this day with the same borders
and under its original name.
Less well-known, however, is the fact that the first
principality bearing this name was founded almost a
century earlier in Moravský Krumlov, south of Brno. Karl I’s
younger brother, Gundakar of Liechtenstein (1580-1658)
was Chief Hofmeister to Emperor Ferdinand II. He owned
the estates of Moravský Krumlov and Uherský Ostroh. Like
many others at the time, he longed for the prestigious title
of Prince. And 380 years ago, in 1633, both Lordships were
elevated to the status of Imperial Principality of
‘Liechtenstain’.
The town of Moravský Krumlov was renamed Liechtenstein.
The Moravian estates protested against this step and its
inclusion in the Moravian Land Tables. Despite threats from
the Emperor, they succeeded in deferring its inclusion right
up until the end of the Principality in 1671. The
Liechtensteins owned Moravský Krumlov until 1908, when
the secundogeniture line died out with Prince Rudolf, Chief
Hofmeister to Emperor Franz Joseph I. The estate and
castle was subsequently acquired by the related House of
Kinsky, who were the owners until 1945.
The town of Moravský Krumlov is planning to
commemorate the history and heritage of the
Liechtensteins in the town. This heritage can be seen in
particular in the castle, a valuable originally Renaissance
building which is undergoing a gradual series of repairs (A
Mucha’s Slav Epic/Slovanská epopej was displayed here
until 2011), the ancestral tomb from 1789, on which repairwork has now begun, and the chapel of St Florian, which
stands majestically on a rock above the town.
View of the town of Moravský Krumlov (J G Gutwein, 1698-1714). Top left the coat of arms of Liechtenstein, on the right the
coat of arms of the town. Collection of the Town Museum in Moravský Krumlov
On 18 April 2013, the international conference,
‘Secundogeniture of the Princely House of Liechtenstein in
Moravský Krumlov’ took place in Moravský Krumlov, which
was held by the ‘Po stopách Liechtensteinů’ (In the
Footsteps of the Liechtensteins) non-profit organisation
(www.psli.cz) on the suggestion of Liechtenstein Historical
Association.
Moravský Krumlov: a former renaissance castle near of city Brno and Liechtenstein´s crypte (1789)
Books:
Matice Moravská magazine
important information for
understanding the history of the
Liechtensteins and CzechLiechtenstein relations: The Places of
Liechtenstein Memory. In this
special publication, Matice Moravská
magazine focuses on the House of
Liechtenstein from various
perspectives. Modern history,
unburdened by a nationalist
approach or the repeating of clichés,
makes an objective evaluation of the
facts relating to the family. From its
content, we would highlight:

Readers will find a number of
documents in edition CXXXI/2012
Supplementum 3 which provide

Tomáš Knoz: The Places of
Liechtenstein Memory
Thomas Winkelbauer: Charles I
of Liechtenstein and the Old



Town Square execution on June
21, 1621 as a place of the Czech
memory in the mirror of
historiography
Jan Županič: The Liechtenstein
Family in the Austro-Hungarian
Empire: on the sovereign
position of a dynasty
Václav Horčička: An outline of
issues connected with the
activities of the Liechtenstein
Family in the Czech lands during
the Second World War
Petr Elbel: The image of the
Liechtensteins in the Czech
historiography
Lednice-Valtice Park, Guide Book
Publishing house Foibos
published a guide book about
Lednice-Valtie Park. Readers or
tourists will discover 50
architectual objects (castles,
hunting lodges, chappels,
minaret, parks or ponds) of
UNESCO monument in South
Moravia.
The guide book has 104 pages
and nearly 200 color images,
including archive pictures and
plans. Lednice-Valtice area was
created by princely house of the
Liechtensteins in the 18-21th
century. The book follows to the
previous one about the area
which was published by Foibos
last year (see CLT 1/2013).
Pavel Zatloukal (ed.), Přemysl
Krejčiřík, Ondřej Zatloukal
104 pages
Czech and English editions
Price: 99 CZ (Czech ed.), 129 CZK
(German)
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
1.6. – 31. 7. 2013:
(The Princely Family of Liechtenstein in the Kostelec nad Černými lesy region, exhibition
This exhibition in Kostelec nad Černými lesy town museum commemorates the history and heritage of the House of
Liechtenstein in the Kostelec nad Černými lesy region and in Central Bohemia – Organised by the Liechtenstein Historical Society
and the town of Kostelec nad Černými lesy.
Open Thursday – Sunday, 10 -12 a. m. and 1 – 4 p. m.
20. 6. 2013:
Lednice: an Eden for the Princes of Liechtenstein), lecture
Given by Ing. Zdeněk Novák (The National Museum of Agriculture, Prague)
Venue: The South Moravian Region administrative and education centre hall, Cejl 73, Brno, Time: 20. 6. 2013 at 5pm. Organised
by Po stopách Liechtensteinů, o. p. s (in the Footsteps of the Liechtensteins)
27.6. – 1. 8. 2013
Exhibition on the anniversary of the birth and death of Princess Eleonora of
Schwarzenberg, née of Liechtenstein
Castle Třeboň, Gallery, open daily 9 a. m. – 5 p. m. (exc. Monday)
A key figure in the House of Liechtenstein (see CLT 5/2012), Princess M Eleonora of Schwarzenberg, wife of Prince Johann Adolf
II of Schwarzenberg, is commemorated in this exhibition in Třeboň Chateau’s gallery. She will also be commemorated in the
Fleur de lys – Festival of Lilies exhibition which is planned for 27 – 31 July 2013 at Třeboň chateau by well-known florist and
specialist in flower arranging in historic interiors, Slávek Rabušic. The Lily Celebrations 2013 project: Fleur de lys will be held in
other castles in addition to Třeboň, always with a particular theme, which in Třeboň will be in honour of this major figure, as
Lilies for Princess Eleonora.
Two further cultural events will be taking place in honour of Princess Eleonora of Schwarzenberg:
22 July, 7 p. m.:
The Princely House of the Liechtensteins in Bohemia and Moravia, lecture
Mgr. Michal Konečný, Schwarzenberg Hall, Castle Třeboň
5 July from 6.00pm:
Music and literary zone
the Schwarzenberg Hall, Třeboň chateau
6 July from 8.00pm:
Laudes/Prayer concert in honour of Princess Eleonora
Schwarzenberg Tomb chapel in Třeboň -Domanín
The event is organised by the National Heritage Institute in České Budějovice on the suggestion of Historic Association
Liechtenstein, o. s.
Discover Summer Liechtenstein
www.tourism.li
INTRODUCING THE LIECHTENSTEIN COMPANIES:
It all started with the production of artificial ceramic teeth.
Today, Ivoclar Vivadent is a global company offering a
comprehensive range of innovative products and systems
for dentists and dental technicians.
What began in Zurich in 1923 with the production of
artificial teeth has evolved into a leading international
dental company with a comprehensive product and system
range for dentists and dental technicians. Headquartered in
Schaan, Principality of Liechtenstein, Ivoclar Vivadent AG
has been a privately owned company since its inception.
Products are shipped from here to 120 countries
worldwide. As a global player, Ivoclar Vivadent has its own
subsidiaries and marketing and sales offices in 22 countries
and with more than 2700 employees throughout the world.
IVOCLAR VIVADENT
Research & Development is committed to developing
integrated concepts and cooperating with renowned
institutions and universities on a daily basis. Ivoclar
Vivadent’s innovations are the result of the interplay of
technical feasibility, market orientation and experience. Its
developments have proven their worth in practical use.
Ongoing further education and training is one of the
cornerstones of Ivoclar Vivadent. The International Center
for Dental Education (ICDE) in Schaan is among the most
modern course and training centres worldwide. Regional
training centres around the globe complete the ICDE’s
offerings and ensure a high level of technical knowledge
and skill relating to Ivoclar Vivadent products and systems.
110 YEARS OF THE NATURE RESERVE AT ŠERÁK
The Šerák – Keprník National Nature Reserve is the oldest
nature reserve in Moravia. It was given this status in 1903
by then owner of the estate, Johann II of Liechtenstein. It
was the botanists, organised within the Olomouc Botanical
Association, who pressed for the declaration of the reserve,
in particular the efforts of Prof. Laus and Liechtenstein
Chief Forester, Julius Wiehl.
The nature reserve was founded in order to protect the
high land between Šerák and Keprník containing mountain
spruce forest of virgin nature. Prince Johann II of
Liechtenstein decided to set aside a number of forest areas
from standard forest management (from 1904) and 172 ha
were included in a so-called primeval forest reserve, where
any kind of human interference was banned.
Šerák Hill at Jeseníky, North Moravia
Prameny a fotografie: Pavel Juřík, Sammlungen des Fürsten von
und zu Liechtenstein Vaduz-Wien, Peter Lechner/HBF, Schloss
Wilfersdorf, ivoclar vivadent
Zpravodaj Česko-Lichtenštejnsko DNES, redakce: Pavel Juřík,
e-mail:[email protected]
It contains areas of raised bog and related plant species.
The area covered by the nature reserve has changed a
number of times. In 1991, the reserve was extended and its
current size is 800 ha, with a further 374 ha of protective
zone, making it the second largest nature reserve in the
Jeseníky Protected Landscape Area. The land is located on
the northern tip of Hrubý Jeseník, and occupies the highest
parts of the Keprník upland – the ridge around Vozka,
Keprník and the eastern and northern slopes of Šerák. It is
the oldest nature reserve in Moravia. The NNR currently
primarily contains spruce stands of a primeval nature with
some waterlogged peaty spruce stands and a number of
saddle peatbogs. Remnants of the natural beechwoods
with wood-rush have survived at lower elevations, but most
of the beeches have been replaced by secondary spruce
plantations.

Podobné dokumenty